Social and Economic Psychology (research) (MSc)
To be eligible for the Research Master's specialisation Social and Organisational Psychology, you must meet the following admission requirements.
The MSc in Psychology (Research) is a selective master. Please read the admission requirements.
Prospective students should:
- have earned the degree of Bachelor in Psychology at a Research University (not at a University of Applied Sciences / Professional Education), or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree, and;
- have a high grade for the bachelor thesis and a high average grade for coursework (7.5 or higher), and;
- have sufficient knowledge of Methodology and Statistics (at least 20 EC): introductory and more advanced courses in methods and statistics of psychological research (including psychometrics, multivariate data analysis) and the use of SPSS, and;
- possess the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for earning the bachelor’s degree; more specific within this bachelor programme the knowledge on university level of the following components:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social and Organisational Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Neuropsychology and/or Psychophysiology and/or Biopsychology
- Clinical and Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Theory or training in interpersonal skills, such as interview, counselling, discussion techniques
- Theory or training in psychodiagnostics
- Advanced courses (at least 30 ec) on a third year Bachelor level on topics pertaining to the preferred master specialisation within the MSc Psychology
The entry requirements for current Psychology Bachelor students from Leiden University who would like to continue a master's in Leiden can be found on the student website.
Prospective students should have proof of thorough proficiency in English by means of one of the following tests :
For detailed information about which English qualifications are accepted, as well as the relevant exemption criteria, refer to English language proficiency.