International Children’s Rights (Advanced LL.M.)
Why Leiden University
At Leiden, we offer the only legal degree (LL.M.) in the world on international children’s rights. Here, you will become part of our international academic community that is focused on advancing the rights of children worldwide.
10 reasons why should study International Children’s Rights Law in Leiden
- Only one in the world: The programme prides itself as being the only programme in the world offering a legal degree (LL.M.) on international children’s rights.
- Excellent reputation: The Department of Child Law at Leiden Law School enjoys a strong international reputation for its high-quality education and research.
- Expert instructors: The academic staff members are renowned legal experts in children’s rights. You will also have prominent guest lecturers from international organisations, including the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- Trip to Geneva: You will take a trip to Geneva to attend a session of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child and to meet with other international organisations that focus on issues relating to children’s rights.
- Small class sizes: The small class sizes encourage more in-depth interaction between students and the academic staff.
- International environment: In addition to the global focus of the programme, your fellow students come from various countries around the world, which contributes to a truly international study environment.
- Professional skills: You will receive training in professional skills, which will help you develop confidence in handling and presenting complex legal cases concerning children’s rights.
- Build your network: You will have many opportunities to interact with guest lecturers and representatives from organisations such as the Hague Conference on Private International Law, the International Labour Organization, and the International Criminal Court to learn about the latest developments in the field and to develop your professional network.
- Beautiful, convenient location: The Law School is housed in two beautifully restored historic buildings located in the old centre of Leiden. We also have teaching and research facilities close to international legal institutions in The Hague.
- Superior research resources: As a student, you will have access to the extensive library of the Department of Child Law. Leiden is also in close proximity to the Peace Palace in The Hague, which houses one of the world’s largest legal collections.