Industrial Ecology (MSc)
The courses of the first year are as follows:
- Society’s Metabolism (5 EC)
- Earth System (5 EC)
- Methods: Analysing Physical Processes (5 EC)
- Design of Socio-technical Systems (5 EC)
- Transitions, Innovation and Governance (5 EC)
- Methods: Analysing Social Processes (5 EC)
Third and fourth quarter:
- Industrial Ecology Project (Urban or Industrial systems) (10 EC)
- Specialization courses (20 EC)
The courses of the second year are as follows:
First and second quarter of second year:
- Industrial Ecology Project (Consultancy or Research) (10 EC)
- Thesis Preparation (5 EC)
- Specialisation courses (15 EC)
Third and fourth quarter of second year:
- Thesis Research Project (30 EC)
In total, you have 35 EC to specialise by taking electives. Of this 35 EC, at least 5 EC should be used by going more in-depth in one of the methods for analysing physical processes. You can choose between a course on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Material Flow Analysis (MFA) or Environmental Input-Output Analysis (EIOA). In addition, another 5 EC should be dedicated to one of the methods for analysing social processes. You can choose between methods such as Agent Based Modeling (ABM), Cost-benefit Analysis (CBA), Stakeholder analysis, etc.
The remaining EC can be used to following other specialization courses offered at TU Delft or Leiden University.
For an up-to-date course overview, please visit the Prospectus. Please note that the prospectus shows the 2019-2020 courses. From September 2020 onwards a renewed programme (as described above) will be effectuated.