- Dr. J.A. Wentz
- +31 71 527 5036
Jed Wentz is universitair docent aan de Academie der Kunsten.
- Wentz J.A. (2018), On the Protestant Roots of Gustav Leonhardt’s Performance Style, BACH: Journal of the Riemenschneider Bach Institute 49(1).
- Wentz J.A. (2017), Early Music as Discipline (6 lectures) [Stichting Organizatie Oude Muziek and the Conservatorium van Amsterdam] (Lezing).
- Wentz J.A. (2017), Embodied affect in Aaron Hill’s The art of acting (1753) [Worlding the Brain 2017: affect, care, engagement, Amsterdam, The Netherlands].
- Wentz J.A. (2015), ‘Mechanical rules’ versus ‘abnormis gratia’: revaluing Gilbert Austin’s Chironomia as a source for historical acting techniques. In: Forment B., Stalpaert C. (red.) Theatrical heritage: challenges and opportunities. Leuven: Leuven University Press. 41-57.
- Wentz J.A. & Paixão J. (2014), A reconstruction of spoken declamation based on Lully’s Roland [Séminaire 'international déclamation, chant et danse en France aux XVIIe et XVIIIe siècles', Tours, France].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Dutch music criticism and the formation of an Early Music aesthetic in The Netherlands, 1916-1921 [Conference 'Roots of revival', Horniman Museum, London, UK].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Gustav Leonhardt, the Naarden Circle and Early Music’s Reformation, Early Music 42(1): 3-12.
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Lallemant, Rameau and the harmony of the passions [2014 Conference of the Society for Music Theory (VvM ) and Royal Society for Dutch Music History (KVNM), Den Haag, The Netherlands].
- Wentz J.A. & Paxão J.L. (2014), Learning from Lully ['Curriculum matters: teaching early music in the 21st century', Utrecht, The Netherlands].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Performing Gilbert Austin’s Chironomia [Conference American Society for Eigtheenth-Century Studies, Williamsburg, USA].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Rhetorical action [Symposium of the 29th International Handel-Academy Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), The subjective in authenticity: a performer's perspective [Symposium of the 31st International Handel-Academy Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany].
- Wentz J.A. (2014), Traces of 17th-century actio in films by Paul Wegener and F. W. Murnau [Conference 'Film and the other arts, 1894-1945', University of Oxford, UK].
- Wentz J.A. (2013), An annotated livret of Lully’s Roland as a source for seventeenth-century declamation, Cambridge Opera Journal 25(1): 1-36.
- Wentz J.A. (2013), Traces of 18th-century actio in historical recordings: a proposed praxis for today’s conservatory classroom [Training ‘Early’ Musicians in the age of historical recordings, Tel Aviv, Israel].
- Wentz J.A. (2013), With waving arms and wavering voice: three theatrical reconstructions from Austin notation: 1806-1875 ['Revaluing theatrical heritage', Kortrijk, Belgium].
- Wentz J.A. (2012), An annotated livret of Lully’s Roland as a source for 17th-century declamation [15th Biennial International Conference on Baroque Music, Southampton, UK].
- Wentz J.A. (2012), David Garrick’s declamation notated [Conference of the American Musicological Society, New Orleans, USA].
- Wentz J.A. (2012), Fairytales by candle light: images of Leonhardt from the Dutch national television archive ['‘Much of what we do is pure hypothesis’: Gustav Leonhardt and his Early Music', Utrecht, The Netherlands].
- Wentz J.A. (2012), Joshua Steele’s Prosodia Rationalis [Conference of the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, St. Hugh’s College, Oxford, UK].
- Wentz J.A. (2011), Deformity, delight and Dutch dancing dwarfs: an 18th-century suite of prints from the United Provinces, Music in Art XXXVI(1/2): 161-200.