Professor English Linguistics
Janet Grijzenhout holds the chair of English linguistics.
Janet Grijzenhout holds the chair of English linguistics. She has taught phonology, morphology, the history of the English language, first and second language acquisition and comparative linguistics for over twenty years. Her research group focuses on the morphophonology of Germanic languages and on language acquisition. She is always interested in new ways to teach linguistics and to make her research findings accessible to a broad audience.
- Historical Linguistics
- North- and West-Germanic Sound Changes
- First Language Acquisition
- Heritage Languages in the EU
- Linguistic Interfaces
- English Phonetics (BA 1)
- The Phonology of English (BA 2)
- English Sound Structure and Word Formation (BA 3)
- Language Change (BA 3)
- Bilingual Acquisition (MA Linguistics)
No relevant ancillary activities