Education is one the of Institute’s prime objectives. With our international and committed staff, and Leiden University's excellent research and educational facilities, we are well positioned to share the best our discipline has to offer.
State-of-the-art knowledge, academic skills, and values
In our Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD's programmes, we challenge our students to bring out the best in themselves. Our teaching is interwoven with the latest insights from research, imparting state-of-the-art knowledge, analytical and presentational skills, and scientific values.
- Political Science (Politicologie): a three-year BSc programme, introducing students to the key concepts and approaches of the discipline, taught primarily in Dutch (Leiden)
- Specialisation International Relations and Organisations: a three-year BSc programme, combining the core political science subjects with the study of international and global processes and institutions, taught in English (The Hague)
- Specialisation Internationale Betrekkingen en Organisaties: variant taught in Dutch and English (Leiden)
- Political Science: a one-year MSc programme, covering political issues and processes both at the national and international level, aimed at generating advanced knowledge about politics as well as at acquiring academic and professional skills, taught in English. As of September 2017, there will be six specialisations to choose from:
› International Organisation
› Dutch Politics
› Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict, and Development
› International Politics
› Political Legitimacy and Justice
› Parties, Parliaments, and Democracy
- Political Science and Public Administration: Research: a two-year, research-intensive MSc programme, preparing for a PhD programme and/or a research orientated job, taught in English.
In addition to our reputable programmes and courses for Bachelor’s and Master’s, we pride ourselves in offering a professional and intellectually stimulating environment for doctoral researchers. Please refer to our PhD page for further information and links.