Public Administration (MSc)
Pre- Master's Programme
The Pre-master’s programme is a programme designed to help students achieve the requirements by removing deficiencies for admission in the Master’s programmes offered by the Institute of Public Administration.
You might be required to complete the Pre-master’s programme if you have a Bachelor’s degree in a field not directly related to Public Administration or if you have a Bachelor’s diploma from a HBO institution.
Facts about the pre - master's programme
- The Pre-master programme runs twice per year; in block 2 (late October - end of January) and block 4 (late March - end of June).
- The start date you choose in Studielink corresponds to the start date on the admission decision. We cannot issue a decision for an earlier or later start date. Please keep this in mind when you apply! If you are referred to the Pre-master’s programme, you can only start in the semester you selected.
- The number of credits to obtain is 15.0 ECTS.
- We expect participants to be full-time available.
- The Pre-master programme must be successfully completed within one year to be admitted to the Master’s programme.
- The Pre-master’s programme cannot be followed more than once and cannot be followed at the same time as the Master’s programme you have applied for.
- You will not receive a Bachelor’s diploma in Public Administration after successfully finishing the Pre-master’s courses as this programme has only the intention to eliminate deficiencies.
Admission and Application
Check out the Admission and Application page of the pre-master's programme.
More information on the Pre-Master's Programme can be found in the E-Prospectus. For specific questions or extra information you can contact the studyadvisors.