International and European Governance (MSc)
Admission and Application
Find out how to apply for International and European Governance at Leiden University by following our step-by step guide.
This specialisation is part of the Master Public Administration. If you would like to apply to this programme please first select the Master Public Administration (CROHO code: 60020) in Studielink and then select the specialisation.
Step-by step guide
This guide clearly explains the steps you need to take to apply, and the subsequent admission process.
- Step 1: Check the admission requirements
- Step 2: Check the application deadlines
- Step 3: Collect the required documents
- Step 4: Start your application
- Step 5: Pay your tuition fees
- Step 6: Prepare for your studies at Leiden University
If you have any questions about admissions and enrolment, please use the online contact form for the Student Affairs Front Office, using ‘Admission request’ as the subject. If you have any questions about the programme itself, please contact the study adviser for the programme.
International and European Governance of the Master Public Administration: How to apply via Studielink?
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
The University is providing an option for bachelor’s and premaster students who have encountered a study delay because of the corona measures and wish to begin a master’s programme in the academic year 2022-2023. For the master’s programme in Public Administration, this means that you will be allowed to complete your bachelor’s programme or premaster in the academic year 2022-2023 and will already be allowed to begin your master’s programme.
You must complete your bachelor’s programme or premaster by 31 August 2023 at the latest. The following additional conditions also apply:
What do you need to do?
- Fill in this form.
- Re-register on your current bachelor’s or premater’s programme, and also request admission to your master’s by doing the following:
1. Before 15 June, request enrolment on your master’s programme in Studielink.
2. Before 15 June, also apply for admission to your master’s programme in uSis.
3. Before 1 September, re-register on your bachelor’s or premaster’s programme in Studielink.
- If you complete your bachelor’s programme or premaster no later than 31 August 2023, your master’s registration will become definitive (with retroactive effect) as of 1 September 2022. If you do not complete your bachelor’s or premaster on time, your master’s registration will be cancelled.
- You will not have to pay double tuition fees. You will only pay tuition fees for your master’s programme, on condition that you complete your bachelor’s programme or premaster and cancel your bachelor’s or premaster’s registration by 31 August 2023 at the latest. If you do not complete your bachelor’s or premaster on time, your master’s registration will be cancelled and you will continue paying tuition fees for your bachelor’s or premaster’s programme. If you are following a bachelor’s programme at another university, you can request a proof of tuition fee payment in order to be exempted from paying tuition fees for your bachelor’s programme.
Do you have questions about admission and registration? Contact the Student Affairs Front Office via the online contact form, selecting ‘Application for admission’ as the subject.
If you have any questions about the programme itself, please contact the programmes study adviser.