Life Science & Technology (MSc)
Are you interested in taking up an extra challenge during your master’s programme?
Leiden Leadership Programme
Do you like a personal challenge in leadership? Then join the Leiden Leadership Programme. The Leiden Leadership Programme (LLP) is a one-year honours programme for master’s students. During the LLP, Master’s students from a wide range of studies partake in lectures and trainings. You apply the acquired knowledge and skills in a practical assignment for a company or an organisation. Through this, you learn to make an impact within a relevant social theme.
Read more about Leiden Leadership Programme
Within the tailor-made construction of the programme students get the opportunity to study abroad. You will have the option to follow elective courses abroad or conduct your research project in an industrial research laboratory or at a university abroad.
National Graduate Schools
The Leiden Institute of Chemistry Participates in three National Graduate Schools with other universities. The Graduate Schools are designed for talented students who focus on a future PhD track. Talented students can apply for admission to one of these Graduate Schools:
- Sustainability: the Molecular approach (universities of Leiden, Amsterdam and the Free university of Amsterdam). hrsmc.nl/gp-hrsmc.nl
- Netherlands Research School of Chemical Biology (universities of Leiden, Groningen, Nijmegen & Eindhoven). nrscb.nl
- Netherlands Magnetic Resonance Research School (universities of Leiden, Nijmegen, Utrecht, Eindhoven & Wageningen). nmr-nl.org
Plus programme World Teachers Programme
The World Teachers Programme is a specialised track of the master at ICLON Leiden Graduate School of Teaching, geared towards bilingual and international education. As a WTP teacher, you will:
- Complete extra assignments
- Attend tailored workshops on content and language integrated learning (CLIL) and other features of this particular educational context
- Follow most of the master's programme in English
- Spend 3-4 weeks at a school in another country during the International Internship
- Need to master concepts and skills that allow you to help your pupils to learn both the content and the language of your subject.
The WTP only starts in august and candidates will be invited for a WTP intake interview.