Law & Finance (Advanced LL.M.)
About the programme
In today's world, international financial markets have a profound impact on society. You will explore the impact of financial legislation and the specific challenges of implementing and enforcing this legislation in business organisations and transactions.
Financial markets and the financial sector are extensively regulated to maintain public trust in fair and sustainable outcomes. Financial regulations pose a unique set of challenges related to economic and legal realities, which in turn affect the global financial sector, companies and investors. Therefore, legal and financial experts are needed who have received specialised and advanced education at the crossroads between law and finance.
More information about the programme structure.
Teaching takes place in small, seminar style classes, which require your active participation. You will be taught by expert faculty from the Hazelhoff Centre for Financial Law at Leiden Law School and distinguished legal practitioners specialised in specific aspects of international law and finance.
Student support services
The programme coordinator will be your first point of contact before, during and after the programme. The coordinator can help you with all kinds of practical questions related to your programme and can refer you to someone else if necessary.
You will also receive several study/career workshops as an important part of your study programme. We also offer alumni advice and guidance via an alumni career café and the opportunity to access the Career Advisor of the Law School.
The Advisory Board of the Law & Finance programme advises the Programme Board on the overall functioning of the programme with the aim to keep the programme up to date with the required skills for financial lawyers.
The members are:
- Frank Elderson, European Central Bank, Executive Board member
- Pieter D’Hoore, Neuberger Berman, Head of European Private Loans
- Hanneke Dorsman, ABN AMRO Bank, Head Legal Department
- Diana van Everdingen, NL Financial Investments, Board member
- Frank Graaf, Clifford Chance, Partner and head Financial Regulatory and Derivatives Group
- Menno Stoffer, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Partner
- Lodewijk van Setten, TriliTech, General Counsel
- Aernout Vink, Amsterdam Court of Appeal, vice president