Governance of Sustainability (MSc)
When you apply for admission, you’ll be asked to submit several documents.
Note: If you have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you will generally not be asked to submit additional documents.
Required application documents
You’ll need to submit the following documents:
Please upload a copy of the page(s) in your passport containing your personal details and photograph. If you are from the EU/EEA, you can submit a copy of your identity card instead. Please upload copies of both sides.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national already living in the Netherlands, upload copies of both sides of your Dutch residence permit.
Your CV (curriculum vitae) must be written in English and should contain your basic personal data, as well as a clear overview of your educational and professional history to date.
You can apply for admission before receiving the results of your English language test. However, a sufficient result will then be a condition of your eventual admission. Of course, if you already have your English language test results, you can upload them directly.
- Digital copies of diplomas and transcripts are initially required. Once you have been admitted, we will inform you how to submit certified copies.
- The documents must be in the original language. If they are not in English, Dutch, German or French, they must be accompanied by official translations into one of these languages.
- If you have not yet completed your current programme, state your expected graduation date and submit copies of all transcripts obtained to date plus an official list of subjects still to be completed.
In order to demonstrate your knowledge of environmental sustainability issues and your experience with inter- or trans-disciplinary education and research, you must provide the admission committee with a motivation letter in which you elaborate on relevant course modules, summer courses, internships, or other relevant experiences that are within the exit qualifications of your bachelor’s degree, or at least at sufficient academic level.
Please use the following format for your motivation letter (1 - 2 A4):
1. Introducing yourself and motivation for applying for GofS
2. Describe your experience with environmental sustainability issues (with a minimum of 5 ECTS)
3. Describe your experience with inter- or transdisciplinary education/research
4. Describe in which way you have obtained at least 8 ECTS in mathematics, programming and/or statistics. Please explicitly list the specific courses you followed and include the credits of the course (preferable ECTS credits)
Please note that if you would like to apply for a scholarship with this programme, you may need to upload additional documents with your application. Please inform yourself here.