Are you interested in taking up an extra challenge during your master’s programme?
Leiden Leadership Programme
Do you like a personal challenge in leadership? Then join the Leiden Leadership Programme. In this one-year programme, you work on developing your personal leadership skills through an assessment, training, seminars and a practice assignment in an organisation. You discover and develop your qualities in the context of an organisation. The goal is to learn how to work intensively with other professionals and learn how to use their qualities. With the Leiden Leadership Programme, a Dutch-based honours programme, you will be able to follow 20 EC next to your Leiden, The Hague or Delft master's programme.
Read more about Leiden Leadership Programme
International Leiden Leadership Programme
Curious about your personal leadership style? The International Leiden Leadership Programme is a 5 EC honours programme for master’s students looking to understand leadership, train and develop their leadership skills and acquire an insight into their personal strengths and weaknesses. Thanks to its small-scale approach and supportive tutor-mentor system, you’ll be working on your development on a very personal level. During this interdisciplinary programme you will attend seminars and skills-training sessions, which will give you more insight into the effect that your behaviour has on others. The programme involves the creation of a Personal Leadership Roadmap, a five-year plan for reaching and developing your own leadership style.
For more information: International Leiden Leadership Programme
Within the tailor-made construction of the programme students get the opportunity to study abroad. You will have the option to follow elective courses abroad or conduct your research project in an industrial research laboratory or at a university abroad.
National Graduate Schools
The Leiden Institute of Chemistry Participates in three National Graduate Schools with other universities. The Graduate Schools are designed for talented students who focus on a future PhD track. Talented students can apply for admission to one of these Graduate Schools:
- Sustainability: the Molecular approach (universities of Leiden, Amsterdam and the Free university of Amsterdam). hrsmc.nl/gp-hrsmc.nl
- Netherlands Research School of Chemical Biology (universities of Leiden, Groningen, Nijmegen & Eindhoven). nrscb.nl
- Netherlands Magnetic Resonance Research School (universities of Leiden, Nijmegen, Utrecht, Eindhoven & Wageningen). nmr-nl.org
Plus programme World Teachers Programme
The World Teachers Programme is a specialised track of the master at ICLON Leiden Graduate School of Teaching, geared towards bilingual and international education. As a WTP teacher, you will:
- Complete extra assignments
- Attend tailored workshops on content and language integrated learning (CLIL) and other features of this particular educational context
- Follow most of the master's programme in English
- Spend 3-4 weeks at a school in another country during the International Internship
- Need to master concepts and skills that allow you to help your pupils to learn both the content and the language of your subject.
The WTP only starts in august and candidates will be invited for a WTP intake interview.