Are you interested in taking up an extra challenge during your master’s programme?
Master Honours Education
Are you a curious and motivated master’s student? The Honours Academy of Leiden University offers various kinds of extracurricular education, ranging from long-running programmes to short-term courses.
Leiden Leadership Programme
Are you interested in a leadership challenge? Join the Leiden Leadership Programme (LLP). This one-year programme will equip you with the leadership knowledge, insights and skills you need to increase your societal impact. You further your personal development through trainings, seminars and a practical assignment within an organisation, in which you learn to cooperate intensively with other professionals. With the LLP, you earn 15 EC in addition to your regular master's degree.
Master Honours Classes & Challenges
Would you like to further develop your academic skills and societal awareness? Join one of our Master Honours Classes & Challenges. In a small-scale, interdisciplinary course, you will tackle a complex issue for society or for a specific partner organisation. You will learn about the latest scientific insights concerning the topic and cooperate in a practical setting, together with students from many different backgrounds. There are Master Honours Classes on offer for 5 or 10 EC.
Within the tailor-made construction of the programme students get the opportunity to study abroad. You will have the option to follow elective courses abroad or conduct your research project in an industrial research laboratory or at a university abroad.
National Graduate Schools
The Leiden Institute of Chemistry Participates in three National Graduate Schools with other universities. The Graduate Schools are designed for talented students who focus on a future PhD track. Talented students can apply for admission to one of these Graduate Schools:
- Sustainability: the Molecular approach (universities of Leiden, Amsterdam and the Free university of Amsterdam). hrsmc.nl/gp-hrsmc.nl
- Netherlands Research School of Chemical Biology (universities of Leiden, Groningen, Nijmegen & Eindhoven). nrscb.nl
- Netherlands Magnetic Resonance Research School (universities of Leiden, Nijmegen, Utrecht, Eindhoven & Wageningen). nmr-nl.org
Plus programme World Teachers Programme
The World Teachers Programme is a specialised track of the master at ICLON Leiden Graduate School of Teaching, geared towards bilingual and international education. As a WTP teacher, you will:
- Complete extra assignments
- Attend tailored workshops on content and language integrated learning (CLIL) and other features of this particular educational context
- Follow most of the master's programme in English
- Spend 3-4 weeks at a school in another country during the International Internship
- Need to master concepts and skills that allow you to help your pupils to learn both the content and the language of your subject.
The WTP only starts in august and candidates will be invited for a WTP intake interview.