Astronomy and Education (MSc)
Are you interested in taking up an extra challenge during your master’s programme? Have you thought about applying for the World Teachers Programme or are you interested in developing your personal leadership style?
Plus programme World Teachers Programme
The World Teachers Programme is a specialised track of the master at ICLON Leiden Graduate School of Teaching, geared towards bilingual and international education. As a WTP teacher, you will:
- Complete extra assignments
- Attend tailored workshops on content and language integrated learning (CLIL) and other features of this particular educational context
- Follow most of the master's programme in English
- Spend 3-4 weeks at a school in another country during the International Internship
- Need to master concepts and skills that allow you to help your pupils to learn both the content and the language of your subject.
The WTP only starts in august and candidates will be invited for a WTP intake interview.
Leiden Leadership Programme
Do you like a personal challenge in leadership? Then join the Leiden Leadership Programme. The Leiden Leadership Programme (LLP) is a one-year honours programme for master’s students. During the LLP, Master’s students from a wide range of studies partake in lectures and trainings. You apply the acquired knowledge and skills in a practical assignment for a company or an organisation. Through this, you learn to make an impact within a relevant social theme.
Read more about Leiden Leadership Programme
The Leiden/ESA Astrophysics Programme for Summer Students (LEAPS) is an opportunity for students with an interest in astronomy and astrophysics to perform a 10 - 12 week summer research project in collaboration with a research scientist from Leiden Observatory or ESA. If you are interested in the Astronomy master’s programme, taking this summer course is a good opportunity to get acquainted with the educational and research opportunities within the institute. Read more