Applied Archaeology (MA)
Why Leiden University?
The Faculty of Archaeology ranks as the best on continental Europe and is in the top ten of the world. Our master’s degree in archaeology offers the most diverse programme of its type in the Netherlands.
6 reasons to study Applied Archaeology in Leiden:
- Benefit from our wide range of expertise. Match your preferred archaeological interests with one of the many regions we lecture on.
- Study at a Faculty that has quite rightly earned a place in the top ten of archaeology research and teaching institutes in the world.
- Be part of our large network in national and international research and in professional archaeology.
- Gain a solid basis for a career in archaeology, heritage management or heritage policy.
- Get the best of both worlds through the unique partnership of Leiden University and Saxion University of Applied Sciences.
- Improve your practical skills in our cutting-edge laboratories.
Study at the Faculty of Archaeology
Study at a Faculty that has quite rightly earned a place in the top ten of archaeology research and teaching institutes in the world.
- Benefit from our large network in international research.
- Join high-quality practicals in our ultramodern laboratories.
- Use our modern facilities and consult the world-renowned collections of the University Library.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students from all over the world. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University
A student’s view on Leiden
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.