Applied Archaeology (MA)
When you apply for admission, you’ll be asked to submit several documents.
Note: If you have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you will generally not be asked to submit additional documents.
Required application documents
You’ll need to submit the following documents:
Please upload a copy of the page(s) in your passport containing your personal details and photograph. If you are from the EU/EEA, you can submit a copy of your identity card instead. Please upload copies of both sides.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national already living in the Netherlands, upload copies of both sides of your Dutch residence permit.
Your CV (curriculum vitae) must be written in English and should contain your basic personal data, as well as a clear overview of your educational and professional history to date.
You can apply for admission before receiving the results of your English language test. However, a sufficient result will then be a condition of your eventual admission. Of course, if you already have your English language test results, you can upload them directly.
- Digital copies of diplomas and transcripts are initially required. Once you have been admitted, we will inform you how to submit certified copies.
- The documents must be in the original language. If they are not in English, Dutch, German or French, they must be accompanied by official translations into one of these languages.
- If you have not yet completed your current programme, state your expected graduation date and submit copies of all transcripts obtained to date plus an official list of subjects still to be completed.
Additional documents for this programme
If no thesis or final paper has been written, the Admission Committee can require the candidate to hand in an academic writing sample.
Application form with your choices for the programme.
Please see the prospectus for more detailed information on the programme.
Please include a letter of motivation of max. 500 words which shows:
- you understand what the chosen specialisation entails
- you can indicate the relevance of your previous education and experience to the chosen specialisation.