Dutch Studies (BA)
Why Leiden University
What place does Dutch literature hold in the world? Why are Rembrandt, Van Gogh and Mondriaan world-famous artists? Is it possible to have a knack for language – and is that a special talent for the Dutch in general? The BA Dutch Studies gives you the unique chance to examine such questions as you learn Dutch.
Six reasons why you should study Dutch Studies in Leiden:
- Language immersion for quick learning: from the first semester you attend classes taught in Dutch.
- Those who enter the programme with advanced Dutch knowledge may be able to complete Dutch Studies in two years.
- Unique: The only programme in the Netherlands where international students can follow a full academic programme in Dutch language.
- The culture and history of the Netherlands are a major part of this interdisciplinary programme.
- Follow lectures by the top academics.
- Small-scale programme with plenty of personal attention.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students from all over the world. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University
Why study at the Faculty of Humanities?
The Faculty of Humanities is situated in two locations: the historical centre of Leiden, and the modern new Wijnhaven Building in The Hague. With around 800 staff members providing education for approximately 6,500 students, the Faculty offers an inspiring, innovative and international approach to research and education in the study of languages, history, society, culture, and religion. Its 26 bachelor’s and 28 master’s programmes are rated consistently highly for their tuition and research. The 2018 Times Higher Education Rankings, for example, placed us top 25 worldwide.
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.