Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (BSc)
The Bachelor's degree trains future computer scientists in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. When you graduate you will be ready for a range of career options.
Graduates will have developed key competencies in data science and AI. You will possess both theoretical knowledge as strong pratical skills. You will be able to work as a data scientist in a wide range of industries, or continue your study after achieving the Bachelor's programme.
Examples of careers are:
- Data & AI specialists / analyst / consultant / engineer
- Machine Learning engineer
- Data scientist
- Computer Research Scientist
- Business intelligence developer
Students graduating from the bachelor’s programme can continue with a master’s programme in Computer Science in Leiden, or other AI or computer science master programmes at Dutch or international universities. Leiden offers a two-year master’s programme Computer Science with 7 specialisations:
- Advanced computing and systems
- Articial intelligence
- Computer Science and Education
- Computer Science and Science Communication and Society
- Data Science: Computer Science
- Foundations of Computing