Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology (BSc)
Why Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology at Leiden University?
Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology at Leiden is known for its student-centred teaching and world-leading faculty.
Five reasons to study Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology at Leiden
- Gain knowledge of contemporary issues concerning diversity, social sustainability, and digitising societies;
- Spend a month living with the people you’ll be studying and learn how to conduct fieldwork on diverse topics from how nuns experience femininity to the challenges faced by fishermen;
- Combine theory with practice, acquiring unique audiovisual production skills in order to present your research findings to a wide audience;
- Take part in a highly international classroom, where all lectures and readings are in English while tutorials, workshops, fieldwork training, exams, and written assessments are in Dutch or English;
- Benefit from small-scale tutorials with staff members always accessible.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent international reputation developed over more than four centuries. Since 1575, we’ve provided the highest quality of education to hundreds of thousands of students from all over the world. At Leiden, we strive to challenge you while always offering the best possible support. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and are highly rated internationally.
Studying in Leiden
The Leiden University Study System offers individual support and guidance for the duration of your programme. Throughout the curriculum our experienced researchers and teachers will help you reach your full potential by maximising your personal engagement with knowledge and skills.
The Leiden experience by CADS student Wilke
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or