Projects and internships
Are you going to participate in a project or do an internship at a Leiden University faculty or institute? Find out about the steps you need to take.
- Obtain approval from the faculty/institute
The first step is to request approval for your project or internship from the Leiden University faculty/institute in question. Your home university coordinator can provide you with further information and tell you who to contact at Leiden University.
- Submit your application
Once you have official approval from your Leiden University faculty/institute, you must submit an online application as follows:
- Go to the study abroad/exchange admission and application page.
- Carefully read the information under steps 1 to 7.
- Follow all the steps and submit your pre-application form and online application.
- We advise you to apply early as project and internship places are limited and cannot be guaranteed.
|Starting your project or internship before 1 September 2021?
Different application procedures apply! When you get to Step 4. Application procedure, do not submit a pre-application form and online application in uSis. Instead, submit your application in our online application system. In the ‘course remarks’ section, indicate the project or internship, start and end date, and supervisor or contact at the university.