Guide to admission
Entrance requirements and admissions procedure
The entrance requirements of the Teaching Master apply:
- University Bachelor and Master degree in a school subject;
- Good command of Dutch. Applicants who have not been educated at a Dutch secondary school will have to pass a Dutch language test (Admission Exam TUL Advanced, for the speaking - fluency - part of the exam, at least a 7.5 must be achieved).
Additional entrance requirements for World Teachers Programme (assessed through application interview/procedure):
- English at C1 level;
- Commitment to the programme and interest in international/bilingual education.
Due to the number of placements available at our partner schools, places on the World Teachers Programme are limited. Interested candidates are invited to apply to the Education Master via the Leiden University online application system before April 1st, including a letter of application and CV in English. Eligible candidates will be invited for interview The application procedure is as follows:
- Application to ICLON before April 1st
- Letter of motivation and CV (in English)
- Candidates who have successfully applied through the online application system and who are eligible for the teacher training programme will be invited for a WTP intake interview.
Interviews will be held in May and will take 30 minutes. The interview will be conducted in English. You will be asked to pitch a lesson idea related to your subject and further illuminate your reasons for wanting to join the Programme
Candidates who are not admitted to the World Teachers Programme are not automatically admitted to the regular teacher training programme.
Regular cost of studies for Teaching Master and travel/accommodation expenses for WTP school practice abroad