Save the date: 26 October kick-off event Interaction between Legal Systems
What is Interaction between Legal Systems (ILS) and what does it entail as research profile area at Leiden Law School? More on this at the kick-off event of ILS 2.0. This will take place on Wednesday 26 October 15.00 – 17.00 in the Grotiuszaal (A051 KOG). The afternoon will be closed with drinks at the Global Lounge.
- Larissa van den Herik (Vice Dean of Leiden Law School and Professor of Public International Law)
- Seline Trevisanut (Associate Professor of International Law at Utrecht University School of Law) on 'Interactions of regimes and interests in international law’
- Maartje van der Woude (Professor of Sociology of Law and Associate Professor of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at Leiden Law School) on 'Interaction between Legal Systems – Interaction between Law & Society'
- Jorrit Rijpma (Associate Professor of European Law at Leiden Law School)
- Olaf van Vliet (Associate Professor at the Department of Economics at Leiden Law School)
- Iris van Ooijen (Postdoc researcher at the Department of Business Studies at Leiden Law School)
On the basis of the successful completion of the profile area Interaction between Legal Systems (ILS 1.0) the Executive Board of Leiden University has awarded the profile area a grant of €1,000,000. The research projects concerned provide public and private actors with more clarity about their effectiveness, competence and accountability so that they can contribute towards the development of national, European and international policy that is effective and fully observes the rule of law. For more information please visit the website.