The Department of Economics concentrates its research on Social Policies, Public Finance and Law and Economics.
- Research program Reform of Social Legislation
- Self-reliance and Social Protection over the Life Cycle
- Solidarity under Strain - A legal, criminological and economic analysis of welfare states and free movement in the EU
- Interaction between Legal Systems
- Uncertainty over the Life Cycle: implications for pensions and savings behavior
- Welfare receipt, labor participation and crime