Opening times and Accessibility
The opening times of the Humanities buildings vary. The Lipsius building is opened during evenings as well, the other faculty buildings retain office hours.
Opening times Lipsius building
Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 22:00 hrs
Saturday: 09:00 - 22:00 hrs
Sunday: 09:30 - 20:00 hrs
Opening times other buildings
Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 17:30 hrs
Saturday and Sunday: closed
- 25 May 2017: Ascension Day: closed
- 26 May 2017: compulsory closure: closed
- 4 and 5 June 2017: Whitsun: closed
- 17 July - 20 Augustus 2017: Summer closure: Lipsius opened on Monday - Saturday: 7.30-18.00 hrs, closed on Sunday
- 3 October 2017: Leiden's Relief: closed
- 24 December 2017: Christmas Eve: regular opening times!
- 25 December 2017 - 1 January 2018: closed
By public transport
The Lipsius building and surrounding buildings are a 10 minute walk from Leiden Central Station. The Leiden University Visitor’s Centre on Stationsweg 26 can help you along
The campus and main building themselves are not accesible by car and there is no parking space on the Cleveringaplaats. Please do not use the visiting address as a destination on your navigation system but park your car at the Maliebaan (6 minutes walking distance) or Haagweg car park. Both locations offer paid parking. The Haagweg car park is guarded and free shuttle buses operate between the car park and the city center all day.