Master's Open Day
- Friday 15 March 2019
- Several locations in Leiden and The Hague
Today is the Master’s Open Day of Leiden University. Online registration is closed, but you can still register onsite. The next Master's Open Day will take place on 8 November. More detailed information about the Master's Open Day will follow at the end of September 2019. From then on you are also able to register for this event. If you leave your personal details, we’ll make sure to let you know when the registration process starts.Keep me informed!
Discover our master's programmes
Are you thinking about studying in The Netherlands and are you wondering what Leiden University has to offer? Come visit the Master's Open Day on Friday 15 March from 9:00-18:00 hrs. and find out which of our master's programmes taught in Leiden or The Hague suits you best!
Visit us and:
- attend presentations by the different programmes.
- visit the information fairs, and ask lecturers, students, alumni and study advisers all your questions.
- discover Leiden and The Hague as one of the best student cities right in the heart of Europe in the Netherlands.
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
Information per faculty
- In addition to presentations from the various faculties, there are also general presentations for international students. The presentation "Welcome to Leiden University for International Students" presents the main reasons for choosing Leiden University. International students get acquainted with student life here, but also with practical issues such as admission and registration.
- This presentation takes place at:
- Academy Building in Leiden at 9:15 and 11:15
- Wijnhaven Building in The Hague at 15.15
- In the Academy building you can also ask all your questions regarding admission and registration, talk to international Master's students and ask other important questions you have about following a master at Leiden University.
The faculty of Archaeology is pleased to welcome you at our Master's Open Day at Einsteinweg 2. Our Master's Open Day programma starts at 13.15hrs . The programme consists of a range of information sessions, as well as an information market with lecturers and students.
Master and Research Master programme information session (13.15 - 14.15 hrs.) The presentation sessions will provide you with all the information you need about studying a Archaeology MA at Leiden University. This session offers you information about important practical matters such as the application procedure, course registration and housing.
Student’s & Alumnus experience (14.15 hrs.)
What is it like to be a Master student Archaeology at our faculty? And what will your career look like after graduation? Curious? Sign up for this presentation! Afterwards you can join us for a tour of the Archaeology building including the lecture rooms and our top-notch labs (optional).
Information market (14.45 – 16.15 hrs.)
At the Information market you get the chance to get answers to your personal questions by lecturers, study coordinators and current students. Find out more about the MA programme of your interest and the various specialisations.
(almost) Ready with your bachelor programme! What’s next? Orientate on a Master programme in the heart of The Hague, at Leiden University.
At 14.15 and 16.15 there will be a general presentation on ‘Studying at Leiden University in The Hague’ on the Spanish Steps in Wijnhaven. We will tell you what to expect of Leiden University .. in The Hague. We will explain the advantages for your future if you decide to study in The Hague. Moreover, we will give you a tour through The Hague and let you discover what the city has to offer. In short, practical information that will help you when The Hague is still unknown to you.
The master presentations will start at 12.15. Register in time for the specific master presentation you wish to learn more about, because full is full.
On this day in The Hague, you can learn more about the following masters:
- Crisis and Security Management
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Management of the Public Sector with the following specialisations: Strategy, Advice and Change management (in Dutch) and Public Affairs (in Dutch)
- Public Administration, one information round per track. Economics and Governance, International and European Governance and Public Management
- Governance of Sustainability
- Leiden Leadership Programme
- Political Science with the following specialisation: International Organisation
Between 13.00 and 18.00 you can visit our Meet & Greet on the second floor. Here you will find a.o. student ambassadors and study coordinators/advisors to answer your questions. The study associations will also be present.
Note: The presentations of Crisis and Security Management and Public Administration: Public Management at 13.15 have changed places. The Crisis and Security Management presentation is in room 346 and the presentation on Public Administration: Public Management is in room 201.
Click here for the Master's Open Day programme of Humanities
Are you thinking about studying one of Leiden’s Humanities master’s programmes? Visit the Master’s Open Day and find out more about the programme of your interest. We look forward to welcoming you!
Studying Humanities in Leiden information session (11.15 - 12.00)
If you are an international student or a Dutch student with a degree from another university than this session will provide you with all the information you need about studying a Humanities MA at Leiden University. The session offers information on important practical matters and you will also learn more about social life, including the Humanities study associations.
Location: Room 0.03 in the Lipsius building.
Tour of Humanities buildings (12.15 - 13.00)
Join us for a tour of the Humanities buildings! During this short tour we will show you all of the Humanities buildings and you will learn more about the history of these buildings. The tour will also take you to the University Library.
Register now for the tour
Meet & Greet (14.00 - 16.30)
During the Master’s Open Day the Faculty of Humanities organises a Meet & Greet where you get the chance to get answers to your personal questions and enjoy a free drink. Just a few steps away from the other buildings, you will find representatives from our programmes, including lecturers, study coordinators and current students.
You do not need to register for the Information Market.
Meet us in The Hague
Are you a Leiden University student at our Campus The Hague and can’t make it to Leiden? The Faculty of Humanities will have a stand at the Meet & Greet in the Wijnhaven building. You will be able to talk to some of our staff and students. Come and visit us!
Programme Information sessions (13.15 - 17.00)
Find out more about the programme(s) of your interest by attending the information session(s)
At Leiden Law School this day is all about your next step: choose the master that suits you! On the Master’s Open Day you can orient yourself and get informed about all the legal and criminological masters that the faculty has to offer. There is plenty to discover and compare.
- Attend informational presentations, during which you can ask questions to teachers and master coordinators
- Visit the master information market from 10:00 to 17:00 in the restaurant to talk to study advisers, Front Office Student Affairs and student master ambassadors of each study
- Workshops can also be attended this day, check on the 16th of February which master programmes are participating and for more information.
Want to follow a master’s programme at the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC)? Come visit the Master’s Open Day of Leiden University on 15 March and discover everything you need to know about our masters.
During this day you can attend presentations of our master’s programmes Biomedical Sciences, Vitality and Ageing and Pharmacy. During the information market you can chat with or ask questions to study advisors, current students and alumni of these masters and the master’s programme Medicine. This will give you a good idea of our masters and their career opportunities. And all that while enjoying a delicious Master Muffin!
Next to the activities at the LUMC, there is also plenty of opportunity to visit the university and the city.
Are you going to visit the Faculty of Science this Master’s Open day? Then it is good to keep the following things in minds:
Free shuttle bus Leiden Central train station – Main entrance Faculty of Science
There will be a free bus between Leiden Central (train station) and the main entrance of the Faculty of Science. The bus will take you from one to the other in just 10 minutes. Shuttles run between 11.15 – 17.30.
Accessibility Faculty of Science
Presentation ‘Studying at the Faculty of Science’
Find out more about studying at the Faculty of Science, our institutes, the research that is carried out here and what the education is like. Vice-dean Prof. Bart de Smit will also discuss practical matters like application and housing. Are you curious about what our Faculty has to offer? Sign up!
Science Career Service
Start your career at Leiden Science! Acquire the necessary information about the career perspectives of a specific master’s specialisation at the Science Career Service presentation.
Do you want to know where all the research happens? The Astronomy, Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, LST, and Physics programmes are offering lab tours, right before or after the programme presentations. The starting point of the labtours is the information stand of the organizing programme. The Biology labtour will start at the Sitterzaal, right after the presentation.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is pleased to welcome you at our Master's Open Day at Wassenaarseweg 52, Leiden. The information sessions of Education and Child Studies take place in the Poort Building (Poortgebouw) just 3 minutes' walk from the Faculty building.
The presentation sessions will provide you with all the information you need about studying Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Education and Child Studies, Political Science or Psychology.
Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology: Two information sessions are scheduled in a row. We recommend you to come to both in order to get a good idea of the Master’s possibilities and hear former students’ experiences.
Education and Child Studies: Please be aware that there are separate presentations for Dutch and international students.
Political Science: The general information session at 10.15 hrs is intended for students who are new in Leiden (Dutch or internatioal students). The presentation about the specialisation International Organisation will be held at our Campus in The Hague.
Psychology: We recommend that you attend the general information session “How to plan your Master’s programme to prepare for a career?” before going to one of the specialisation sessions.
Several Meet & Greet sessions will be held during the day by the four different programmes. You will find representatives from our programmes, including lecturers, study advisors and current and former students to answer your questions. The study associations will also be present. You do not need to register for the Meet & Greet.
Not enough time to visit presentations in Leiden and The Hague? You can follow several livestreams during the Master's Open Day on location in The Hague or Leiden. The professor/lecturer is not physically present in the lecture hall, but students of the relevant programme will be present to answer your questions. You can sign up for the Live Streams via the registration form of the Master’s Open Day.
Discover student cities Leiden and The Hague
- Free time between presentations? Experience the beautiful cities of Leiden and The Hague! There are many things to discover, see and experience. These are our favorites hotspots in Leiden and The Hague you really need to know about. Coffee, tea, snacks and sandwiches are also available at our faculties. You can even order a Master’s Open Day sandwich at some faculties.
CityTour Leiden: We organise city tours every hour between 10:15 and 16:15 hrs. The city tours start at the Academy building where you can choose between a 'regular city tour' and a 'special silent disco city tour'. Walk along and visit the most popular student places. You can sign up for the City Tour via the registration form of the Master’s Open Day.
Practical Information Master's Open Day
We strongly advise everyone to use public transport to travel to Leiden and The Hague, as parking spaces in the city centre are very scarse. All Leiden venues are within walking distance of Leiden Central train station (the furthest is only 20 minutes away). The Hague Campus is within 5 minutes walking distance of The Hague Central train station.
- Make sure there are no delays or cancellations on your route and visit travel website 9292.nl before travelling.
- Click here for the walking route to the different faculty's (from Leiden Central Station and The Hague Central Station
For those who plan take the car: parking is easy and affordable on the Haagweg car park. While slightly out of the centre, it does have a free city shuttle bus that will bring you to the centre in a matter of minutes. At the end of the day you can either simply walk back to the Haagweg, or phone the shuttle to come pick you up (contact them at +31 (0)71-5120017).
It can be busy at the Haagweg, and you might have to wait a while for the shuttle, so you could also consider parking at one of the other locations throughout the city.
Parking space Leiden
1. Haagweg: Haagweg 8, 2311 AA Leiden
2. Centrum Morspoort: Bloemfonteinstraat 2, 2312 ZD Leiden
3. Langegracht: Langegracht 3, 2312 NV Leiden
4. Maliebaan: Navigate to the middle of the Maliebaan
5. Lammermarkt: Lammermarkt 9, 2312 CK Leiden
Parking The Hague
For those who plan take the car: parking costs are €4,- per hour at the parking lots around the The Hague Campus. Because these parking spaces are very scares we strongly advise everyone to use public transport to travel to The Hague.
Parking space The Hague
1. Q-Park - Rijnstraat 8, 2515XP Den Haag
2. Parkeergarage Turfmarkt, Schedeldoekshaven 100, 2511 Den Haag
3. Q-Park (Helicon), Zwarteweg 40, 2511 VS Den Haag
4. Parkeergarage Den Haag Centraal, Kon. Julianaplein 10, 2595 Den Haag
5. Q-Park Centraal Station New Babylon, Pr. Irenestraat 1, 2595 BD Den Haag
Most of these parking lots are within 5 minutes walking distance from the The Hague Campus.
If you have any questions during the Open Day about the programme, the route, the presentations or anything else, please contact the Study Line (+31 (0)71- 527 1111). Do you already have questions? You can call during office hours (9:00 to 17:00 hrs local time in The Netherlands) or send an email: email@example.com.
We are happy to answer your questions.
1. I haven’t received an entrance ticket. What should I do?
If you haven’t received an entrance ticket in your inbox, check that it isn’t in your spam folder. If it’s not there, click here to receive a new e-mail with your entrance ticket.
2. Why do I have to have an entrance ticket?
Because the Open Day is so popular, it’s important to register in advance so that you are sure of a place at the presentation of your choice. When you register, you will be sent an entrance ticket which gives you priority over people who decide to come to the Open Day on the spur of the moment (without having registered first).
3. I’ve deleted my entrance ticket by mistake. What can I do now?
Click here to receive a new e-mail with your entrance ticket.
4. Do I have to print out my entrance ticket and bring it with me, or is it enough that I can show the ticket on my telephone?
You can also show your ticket on your telephone.
5. I want to change my programme. How can I do that?
You can change your programme via the link in your entrance ticket. Please note that you will then be sent a new entrance ticket (this will appear, also as an image on screen, once you have registered).