Clinical Psychology (MSc)
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 April.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 June.
- If you are a Bachelor Psychology student from Leiden University, you must register in Studielink before the 31st of August. However, we recommend to do this as early as possible, but no later than the 1st of August.
- Because several courses of this programme teach practical skills in small classes, a relatively small increase in applications means a need for additional teachers. To recruit enough teachers with qualifications that meet our high standards, we would appreciate your registration as early as possible (preferably before 31 March).
- Application for the Clinical Psychology track starting February 2021 is strongly discouraged. Courses are overcrowded and there is a shortage of internship positions. For more information, please see this page.
Going against this advice, the following deadlines apply:
- If you need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 15 October.
- If you do not need a visa or residence permit, you must apply for admission before 1 December.
- If you are a Bachelor Psychology student from Leiden University, you must register in Studielink before the 31st of January. However, we recommend to do this no later than the 1st of January.
If you don’t have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you’ll have to complete a two-part application procedure:
- First register your application(s) in the national system Studielink.
- A day later you will receive log-in details for Leiden University’s application system (uSis), where you can complete your application.
You must submit your application via Leiden University’s application system (uSis), before the deadlines mentioned above. So don’t delay; if you haven’t registered in Studielink and activated your uSis account in time to apply by the deadline, you’ll miss out!
If you want to request accommodation via Leiden university Housing Office, apply early! Accommodation is allocated on a first-come first-served basis and there is limited availability, which means the Housing Office cannot guarantee accommodation. Submit both your application for admission and your housing request well before the deadlines. You don’t have to wait for a decision on your application before submitting your housing request. Read more about when to arrange housing.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, grant or loan, please bear in mind that different deadlines apply, and these deadlines can often be earlier. Deadlines vary per scholarship. Visit the scholarship website for more details.