Clinical Psychology (MSc)
Is this the master's specialisation of your choice? Please read here about the admissibility for this programme.
The following diploma requirements apply for this programme:
Students with a Bachelor in Psychology from Leiden University are directly eligible for admission, if at least the appropiate specialisation course is completed. Students must apply in Studielink before 15 june 2021. There is no need to submit an application for admission using the online application portal.
The entry requirements with regards to the specialisations for current Psychology Bachelor students from Leiden University who would like to continue a master's in Leiden can be found in the PDF file.
Prospective students should:
- have earned a Bachelor degree in Psychology at a Research University (not at a University of Applied Sciences / Professional Education) or demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements for such a degree, and;
- have sufficient knowledge of Methodology and Statistics (at least 20 EC): introductory and more advanced courses in methods and statistics of psychological research (including psychometrics, multivariate data analysis) and the use of SPSS, and;
- possess the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for earning the bachelor’s degree; more specifically knowledge on university level of the following topics:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social and Organisational Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Neuropsychology and/or Psychophysiology and/or Biopsychology
- Clinical and Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Theory or training in interpersonal skills, such as interview, counselling, discussion techniques
- Theory or training in psycho diagnostics
- Advanced courses (at least 30 ec) on a third year Bachelor level on topics pertaining to this master specialisation
Leiden offers a pre-master’s programme in Psychology for a specific group of students. Completing the pre-master's grants you access to the Master's programme in Psychology. Note that the pre’master’s programme does not prepare for the specialisation Clinical Psychology. Read more about our pre-master's programme.
Prospective students should have proof of thorough proficiency in English by means of one of the following tests:
- IELTS overall 7.0 and band scores of at least 6.5
- TOEFL IBT 100, with the following minimum band scores: 22 (reading), 22 (listening), 22 (speaking) and 25 (writing)
- Cambridge English Exam CPE/CAE of at least 180
For detailed information about which English qualifications are accepted, as well as the relevant exemption criteria, refer to English language proficiency. This language requirement does not apply if you have:
- completed your education in the USA, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia or Canada (except French-taught programmes in Canada) or;
- an (English-taught) International Baccalaureate or;
- a Bachelor diploma from a Dutch research university (e.g. Leiden University) or;
- a Dutch VWO diploma.