Public International Law (LL.M.)
Why Leiden University
Do you aspire to a national or international career in law? Then choose the master’s programme Law - Public International Law - at Leiden University: a broad and solid foundation for your career.
- You are choosing a faculty that has an excellent international reputation.
- You can choose from a broad range of interesting specialisations; taking courses at one of our other excellent faculties is also a possibility.
- In the privatissimum and practicum you work closely with your teacher. Many of our staff are often also employed as judge, civil-law notary, lawyer or corporate lawyer.
- You can make use of our solid international network, for education and research.
- You have access to our exclusive alumni network. After graduation - in the ‘zweetkamertje’ (sweat room) - you too will become one of them.
Studying at Leiden Law School
Leiden Law School offers intensive top quality education with great opportunities for talent. Leiden is internationally oriented and has many international contacts, with universities and also in professional practice. Not unimportant, since the influence of internationalisation on European integration is increasing. We combine this proven academic basis with current knowledge from professional practice. With our location in The Hague we are in close proximity to the political and international organisations in the field of peace and law.
Studying at Leiden University
In 1575 we became the first university in the Netherlands. Since then our academic research and teaching have contributed directly towards a safer, healthier, more sustainable, more prosperous and more just world. Here, researchers look beyond the boundaries of their own discipline and work together with colleagues at home and abroad. In the annual rankings Leiden University invariably scores in the top 100 of 25,000 universities worldwide. We have received no fewer than 19 Spinoza Prizes - the most prestigious research prize in the Netherlands.