European and International Business Law (Advanced LL.M.)
An important component of this master consists of extracurricular activities.
During this programme, you will have the opportunity to participate in a number of extracurricular activities that will enhance your studies, such as:
- the annual European Law Moot Court Competition, in which Leiden law teams participate each year;
- the opportunity to become a research fellow with the LEAC (the Leiden Centre for Legal and Comparative Studies of the East African Community), which is affiliated with the Europa Institute;
- the ELSA Moot Court, the most renowned competition in the field of WTO law;
- the opportunity to participate in the Workshop in International Capital Markets, Banking and Finance Products.
- two day study trip to Luxemburg and Brussels visiting the Court of Justice, the European Commission and the European Parliament or Council
- half day visit to the legal department of Heineken (one of the world’s most famous brewers)
- participating in an International Arbitration Moot Court at the Peace Place in The Hague
- visits to leading law firms
- opportunities to participate in the Leiden Leadership Programme, various conferences and workshops and the annual London/Leiden conference
- social activities such as our traditional Chocolate Fondue, New Year’s Lunch and End of the Academic Year Celebration.
Leiden Leadership Programme
Do you like a personal challenge in leadership? Then join the Leiden Leadership Programme. In this one-year programme, you work on developing your personal leadership skills through an assessment, training, seminars and a practice assignment in an organisation. You discover and develop your qualities in the context of an organisation. The goal is to learn how to work intensively with other professionals and learn how to use their qualities. With the Leiden Leadership Programme, a Dutch-based honours programme, you will be able to follow 20 EC next to your Leiden, The Hague or Delft master's programme.
Read more about Leiden Leadership Programme
International Leiden Leadership Programme
Curious about your personal leadership style? The International Leiden Leadership Programme is a 5 EC honours programme for master’s students looking to understand leadership, train and develop their leadership skills and acquire an insight into their personal strengths and weaknesses. Thanks to its small-scale approach and supportive tutor-mentor system, you’ll be working on your development on a very personal level. During this interdisciplinary programme you will attend seminars and skills-training sessions, which will give you more insight into the effect that your behaviour has on others. The programme involves the creation of a Personal Leadership Roadmap, a five-year plan for reaching and developing your own leadership style.
For more information: International Leiden Leadership Programme