Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Business Studies (MSc)
When you apply for admission, you’ll be asked to submit several documents.
Note: If you have a Dutch diploma that grants direct admission, you will generally not be asked to submit additional documents.
Required application documents
You’ll need to submit the following documents:
Please upload a copy of the page(s) in your passport containing your personal details and photograph. If you are from the EU/EEA, you can submit a copy of your identity card instead. Please upload copies of both sides.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national already living in the Netherlands, upload copies of both sides of your Dutch residence permit.
Your CV (curriculum vitae) must be written in English and should contain your basic personal data, as well as a clear overview of your educational and professional history to date.
You can apply for admission before receiving the results of your English language test. However, a sufficient result will then be a condition of your eventual admission. Of course, if you already have your English language test results, you can upload them directly.
- Digital copies of diplomas and transcripts are initially required. Once you have been admitted, we will inform you how to submit certified copies.
- The documents must be in the original language. If they are not in English, Dutch, German or French, they must be accompanied by official translations into one of these languages.
- If you have not yet completed your current programme, state your expected graduation date and submit copies of all transcripts obtained to date plus a list of subjects still to be completed.
If you have a BSc degree in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences (BFW; Bio-farmaceutische wetenschappen) from any research university in the Netherlands, you are directly admissible.
Please indicate your interest for a specific Research Project 1 (RP1) by filling in a specific form:
- BFW students who want to start the master BPS in the academic year 2023-2024 (September admission), please enroll in studielink and fill out this RP1 registration form between April 1 and June 14, 2023. Based on the information you provide, the education office of the master BPS will match you with a suitable RP1 spot before July 1. This is also applicable to students who have completed the bachelor in past years.
Additional documents for this programme:
For all students except students with a BSc BFW:
In this letter you are asked to explain in writing that you possess the same level of knowledge, understanding and skills as applicants who are holding a Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences from a Dutch research university.
Please indicate also in this letter at which research division of the LACDR you would like to do a Research Project.
In order to be admissible it is essential for you to have sufficient (hands-on) training in research. Therefore we recommend that you choose the research themes that fit best with your prior education. Please also refer to this research experience in this letter.
To assess if the level of your research experience and skills is equivalent to the bachelor’s degree programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences you are requested to upload the thesis/report of your bachelor graduation research project/assignment.
- The thesis/report must have been written in English with you as the single author. Please note: In case the original document is not in English, it must be accompanied with an English translation.
- If you have not yet completed your bachelor graduation research project, please complete this form. In that case, please upload the filled out form in your application at the ‘Essay/writing sample’ spot.
Please note that if you would like to apply for a scholarship with this programme, you may need to upload additional documents with your application. Please inform yourself here.