Air and Space Law (Advanced LL.M.)
Why Leiden University
The Leiden Air and Space Law programme is unique. Its teaching and research have a clearly defined European and international dimension and are in line with the highest academic standards.
Professor Pablo Mendes de Leon
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
10 reasons why you should study Air and Space Law in Leiden
As a student of the Air and Space Law Advanced Studies programme, you will benefit from:
- International environment: In addition to the international focus of the curriculum, the unique blend of students and instructors that represent all continents makes our programme a truly global experience.
- Expert instructors: You will be taught by expert faculty from the International Institute of Air and Space Law, visiting international professors and distinguished legal practitioners specialised in specific aspects of air and space law.
- Excellent reputation: Leiden Law School has developed its reputation for excellence by combining a high level of academic teaching with acclaimed and innovative research. Its tradition of quality attracts prestigious professors and professionals from around the world who teach you in a challenging and supportive atmosphere.
- Strong professional dimension: The courses include professional skills trainings as well as frequent visits to air and space organisations to closely follow their activities and to expand your professional network.
- Internship experience: You will gain professional experience by conducting a 6-8 week internship in an institution dealing with either air or space law.
- Moot court skills: You will receive training in research, analysis, legal writing and pleading in a simulation of a legal case.
- Study trip: You will take a study trip to Luxembourg and Brussels to visit the European Commission.
- High demand for graduates: Due to the European Union’s liberalisation of air transport and an increase in the number of actors operating in outer space, there is a high demand for legal experts who understand these regulations and policies.
- Beautiful, advantageous location: The Law School is housed in two beautifully restored historic buildings located in the old centre of Leiden. We also have teaching and research facilities close to international legal institutions in The Hague.
- Superior research resources: As a student, you will have access to the extensive library of the International Institute of Air and Space Law. Leiden is also in close proximity to the Peace Palace in The Hague, which houses one of the world’s largest legal collections.
Studying at Leiden Law School
Leiden Law School offers challenging, top quality education with many opportunities for talent to flourish. The law school is internationally orientated and has many contacts with universities, political bodies and the professional field. Our teaching staff combine a solid academic basis with current knowledge in the professional field. As a result the study programmes offered are versatile, topical and socially relevant. With our additional location in The Hague we are in close proximity to the political and international organisations that operate in the areas of law, justice and policy-making.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings and we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University