International Relations and Organisations (BSc)
Along with your application, you will need to submit a variety of documents. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions and to prepare your application in time.
- Copy of a valid passport or European ID card
- Dutch residence permit (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts:
- Digital copies are required initially. Once you have been admitted, we will tell you how to submit certified copies to the Admissions Office.
- Documents must be in the original language and accompanied by official translations if they are not in English, Dutch, German or French.
- If you have not yet completed your study programme, state your expected graduation date and submit copies of all transcripts obtained to date.
- International Baccalaureate students must submit their transcript with IB grades obtained so far, at least containing their first year’s final grades. In addition, IB students are advised to also submit their predicted grades. We cannot accept transcripts with predicted grades only.
- European Baccalaureate students should indicate the subjects in which they will take their written and oral examinations.
- Colloquium doctum applicants must also submit transcripts from any uncompleted study programmes.
Language proficiency information
You can apply before you obtain the results of your language exam. If you are admitted, it will be on condition of the result being good enough.
Below are the required documents to submit with your application if you are currently in 6VWO, or if you have a Dutch HBO-diploma or a Dutch university propedeuse. If your previous education is different, yet you meet the entry requirements, you will need to provide the documents listed for international diplomas (elsewhere on this webpage).
Transcripts and COVID-19
Due to the exceptional circumstances relating to COVID-19, you may find that the application requirements have changed somewhat for our numerus fixus programmes (programmes with a limited number of places). Below you will find more information on which transcript you will need to submit.
- Current 6 VWO school students (Netherlands): Your secondary school will provide you with a certified transcript of your average Schoolexamen (SE) grades by 15 January 2021. This transcript will include your grade for each subject (to one decimal place) up to the beginning of January. These SE grades will be considered in the selection procedure instead of your final 5 VWO grades.
- Applicants who passed their exam in 2019 or before (Netherlands): During the selection and placement procedure you will be asked to submit your 6 vwo eindexamenlijst (pdf or digitaal uittreksel DUO).
- International (non-Dutch) diploma’s: Please refer to Entry requirements and to the drop-down list at the top of the Required documents page.
Please note: All applicants have until 31 January 2021 to submit the necessary transcripts through the Leiden University online application system (uSis). Do this in good time because if you are too late, your application cannot be considered.