|Naam||S.P.L. de Jong Ph.D.|
|Telefoon||+31 71 527 2664|
Stefan de Jong is Knowledge Broker with the Knowledge Partnering Team of Luris, the knowledge exchange office of Leiden University and Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC).
Stefan is knowledge broker for the following Leiden University faculties and institutes:
* Faculty of Humanities
* Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs (**)
* Faculty of Social and Behavioural Science, institute:
- Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS)
** Stefan holds office on FGGA locations every Thursday between 09.00 and 17.30:
Morning: Stichthage, Koningin Julianaplein 10, The Hague (varied work spaces)
Afternoon: Schouwburgstraat 2, The Hague (room B203)
The aim of the Knowledge Partnering Team of expertise centre Luris is to tie opportunities together with Leiden possibilities, in order to establish many multidisciplinary research collaborations.
By being involved with the research groups, giving one-to-one advice, organising workshops, using dedicated databases, and attending research-related conferences and industry events, the team provides support and advice on commercialisation strategy, valorisation and impact to academics of all disciplines within Leiden University and Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC).
The Knowledge Partnering Team:
- Identifies opportunities for creating partnerships or impact by being involved in academics’ research projects at an early stage
- Screens and scouts for collaboration opportunities with strategic partners
- Organises workshops and information meetings about on the different aspects of commercialisation, valorisation and impact
- Helps the academics manage partnerships and existing accounts
Dr Stefan de Jong is an expert in valorisation and supports academics in developing impact strategies and (seeking) collaboration with societal organizations.
Stefan helps academics who:
- are in search of third parties or other Leiden University research groups to share knowledge and collaborate with,
- have questions about writing the impact paragraph of research grant applications,
- want to enhance the impact strategy of their research
Societal organizations that seek collaboration with Leiden researchers can contact Stefan to search for specific research groups or expertise within Leiden University.
Before joining Luris, Stefan worked as a researcher for the Rathenau Instituut in The Hague. His research topics included valorisation and evaluation of academic research. He publishes in academic and professional journals and is involved in the public debate about valorisation. He also tweets about science policy, with special attention for societal impact and research funding (@Stefan_de_J). Stefan wrote a doctoral thesis about valorisation policy.
- Training en advies organisatie en evaluatie van valorisatie