My research bears the preliminary title "Semantic Treasure Troves", referring to the historical thesauri that are at its very centre. Such thesauri capture the vocabulary of an entire language but, instead of sorting the words from a to z like in typical dictionaries, the words are organized in a hierarchy of categories. Such an ordering aids researchers in analysing word fields. How many words did a certain culture have for war? How many for peace? Which alternative phrasings were available to, for instance, Shakespeare? My research, situated in Digital Humanities (the field in which Humanities meets Computer Science), aims to improve the dissemination and reuse of such thesauri by bringing them to the Semantic Web.
Master of Arts (MA), Leiden University, Literary Studies: English Literature and Culture, cum laude 
Master of Science (MSc), VU University, Computer Science: Internet and Web Technology, cum laude 
Business Information Consultant, Semmtech B.V. [2015-present]
Software Developer, Semmtech B.V. [2014-2015]
Ticket Sales Employee, Stadspodia Leiden [2011-2013]
Executive Board Member of the study English Language and Culture, Leiden University [2011-2013]
Ambassador of the Western Languages studies, Leiden University [2010-2012]
Chairman of the Evaluation Committee of the study English Language and Culture, Leiden University [2010-2012]
- Porck M.H. & Stolk S.S. (2017), Marking Boundaries in Beowulf: Æschere’s Head, Grendel’s Arm and the Dragon’s Corpse, Amsterdamer Beiträge zur älteren Germanistik 77(3-4): 521-540.
- Stolk S.S. (2017), OntoLex and Onomasiological Ordering: Supporting Topical Thesauri.
- Stolk S.S. (2017), Review of: Anderson W., Bramwell E., Hough C. (2016) Mapping English Metaphor through Time, English Studies 98(8): 1004-1006.
- Stolk S.S. (2017), Words and the Web: Historical Thesauri within (and outside of) Humanities.
- Stolk S.S., Oostinga D. & Roest N. (2016), Data Clouds for Product Life-cycle Management.
- Stolk S.S. (2015), Old Words, New Tools: The Old English Lexicon and the Thesaurus of Old English Statistics.