Loes Janssen studied at Utrecht University and received her bachelor degree in Interdisciplinary Social Studies (2013), her research master degree in Developmental Psychology (2015) and a master degree in Youth, Education and Society (2016). After having obtained her degrees, Loes worked as a junior researcher at Utrecht University in a project examining the relation between language skills and problem behavior in preschoolers. Since February 2017, Loes has started her PhD in het NWO VICI project of Prof. dr. Bernet Elzinga.
Loes is involved in the RE-PAIR study which examines the bidirectional relation between parent-child interactions and depressive symptoms in adolescents. Multiple methods (a lab visit, electronic diaries and fMRI) are used to get more insight in how interactions between parents and adolescents contribute to the development and persistence of depressive symptoms in adolescents.
- Wever M.C.M., Houtum L.A.E.M. van, Janssen L.H.C., Will G.J., Tollenaar M.S. & Elzinga B.M. (2021), Neural signatures of parental empathic responses to imagined suffering of their adolescent child, NeuroImage 232(117886): 1-13.
- Houtum L.A.E.M. van, Wever M.C.M, Janssen L.H.C., Schie C.C. van, Will G.J., Tollenaar M.S. & Elzinga B.M. (2021), Vicarious praise and pain: parental neural responses to social feedback about their adolescent child, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience 16(4): 406-417.
- Janssen L.H.C., Kullberg M.-L., Verkuil B., Zwieten N. van, Wever M.C.M., Houtum L.A.E.M. van, Wentholt W.G.M. & Elzinga B.M. (2020), Does the COVID-19 pandemic impact parents’ and adolescents’ well-being? An EMA-study on daily affect and parenting, PLOS One 15(10): e0240962.
- Janssen L.H.C., Elzinga B.M., Verkuil B., Hillegers M.H.J. & Keijsers L. (2020), The link between parental support and adolescent negative mood in daily life: between-person heterogeneity in within-person processes, Journal of Youth and Adolescence 50(2): 271-285.
- Branje S., Janssen L. & Van der Giessen D. (2016), Emotionele variabiliteit in moeder-kindinteracties in de adolescentie, Systeemtherapie 28(1).
No relevant ancillary activities