Katja Cardol obtained her Master’s degree in Health Psychology at Leiden University in 2016 (cum laude). After working as a psychologist in the fields of clinical and sports psychology for a while, she started her PhD in november 2016 at the Health, Medical, and Neuropsychology unit at Leiden University.
Research Summary of research interests, projects, and/or programmes.
Katja works as a PhD-candidate within the E-GOAL project group ‘E-health Guidance in identifying and Overcoming psychological barriers for Adopting a healthy Lifestyle among patients with chronic kidney disease’. The study has the aim to develop and evaluate an online screening tool to detect psychological distress and barriers for adopting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, as well as an E-coach treatment program to eliminate those barriers and promote facilitators for healthy lifestyle behavior among patients with chronic kidney disease. She worked as an E-coach therapist and evaluated the eHealth care pathway in a multicenter randomized controlled trial in four Dutch hospitals.
Furthermore, she works as a qualitative researcher and discussion leader of focusgroups and interviews in the E-GOAL study and other research projects in regarding populations with chronic long-term conditions and their health professionals (chronic kidney disease, persistent Lyme disease).
Title of research programmes and/or research projects:
- E-GOAL study: E-health Guidance in identifying and Overcoming psychological barriers for Adopting a healthy Lifestyle among patients with chronic kidney disease.
- PLEASE5+ study: Long-term outcomes and quality of life of patients with symptoms attributed to Lyme borreliosis.
- Teacher for Masters Health and Medical Psychology, Research Master Clinical and Health Psychology, and Vitality and Ageing.
- Thesis and clinical internship supervisor for master students.
- Workgroup teacher, e.g.: Basic Therapeutic Skills, Cognitive Behaviour Interventions, Evaluating Interventions in Patients with Chronic Diseases.
- Psycholoog sport & gezondheid (mentale trainer)