Eric van Dijk
Professor of Psychology and Social Decision Making
Eric van Dijk graduated in economics and in psychology at Groningen University. After this he went to Leiden to write his dissertation on social dilemmas. Since 2002 he works at Leiden University as professor; his research concentrates on the understanding of economic and social decision making.
- Mulder, L.B., & Van Dijk, E. (in press). Moral rationalization contributes more strongly to escalation of unethical behavior among low moral identifiers than among high moral identifiers. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Van Dijk, E., De Dreu, C. K. W., & Gross, J. (in press). Power in economic games. Current Opinion in Psychology.
- Gummerum, M., López-Pérez, B., Van Dijk, E., & Van Dillen, L.F. (in press). When punishment is emotion-driven: Children’s, adolescents’, and adults’ costly punishment of unfair allocations. Social Development.
- De Kwaadsteniet, E.W., Kiyonari, T., Molenmaker, W.E., & Van Dijk, E. (2019). Do people prefer leaders who enforce norms? Reputational effects of reward and punishment decisions in noisy social dilemmas. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 84:e103800.
- Molenmaker, W.E., De Kwaadsteniet, E.W., & Van Dijk, E. (2019). The effect of decision timing on the willingness to costly reward cooperation and punish noncooperation: Sanctioning the past, the present, or the future. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 32, 241-254.
- Noordewier, M.K., & Van Dijk, E. (2019). Surprise: Unfolding of facial expressions. Cognition and Emotion, 33 (5), 915-930.
- Lambregts, M.M.C., Visser, L.G., De Boer, M.G.J., Staats, H., & Van Dijk, E. (2019). Determinants of in-hospital antibiotic prescription behaviour - Authors’ reply. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 25, 638-639.
- Warreman, E.B., Lambregts, M.M.C., Wouters, R.H.P., Visser, L.G., Staats, H., Van Dijk, E., & De Boer, M.G.J. (2019). Determinants of in-hospital antibiotic prescription behaviour: A systematic review and formation of a comprehensive framework. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 25, 538-545.
- Castiglioni, C., Lozza, E., Van Dijk, E., & Van Dijk, W.W. (2019). Two sides of the same coin? An investigation on the effects of frames on tax compliance and charitable giving. Palgrave Communications, 5: 39.
- Mooijman, M., Van Dijk, W.W., Van Dijk, E., & Ellemers, N. (2019). Leader power, power stability, and interpersonal trust. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 152, 1-10.
2010 - 2015: Board member of the National Institute for Family Finance Information (NIBUD)
2012 - present: Associate Editor Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
2009 - 2013: Associate Editor British Journal of Social Psychology
- Lid onafhankelijke Advisory Board voor Vertrouwensmonitor