Arthur Weststeijn is postdoctoral researcher in the project Covering the Ocean: Newspapers and Information Management in the Atlantic World, 1580-1820. He specialises in the intellectual history of empire, especially in 17th-century Spain, Portugal, and the Dutch Republic.
Next to his position at Leiden, Weststeijn teaches Italian history at Utrecht University.
- 2018- : postdoc Institute for History, Leiden University
- 2017- : assistant professor Italian studies, Utrecht University
- 2011-2017: director of historical studies, Royal Netherlands Institute in Rome (KNIR)
- 2010-2011: postdoc Faculty of Philosophy, University of Groningen
- 2010: PhD history, European University Institute, Florence
- 2006: RMA intellectual history, European University Institute, Florence
- 2005: MA philosophy, University of Amsterdam
- 2004: MA history, University of Amsterdam
- Universitair docent