Anne Sytske Keijser
You can follow drs. Anne Sytske Keijser on Twitter.
Fields of interest
Teaching Modern Chinese as a foreign language;
Literary translation Chinese-Dutch. Chinese literature and film.
MA in Chinese Studies at Leiden University (1986)
China-Netherlands MoE exchange student, Xiamen University (1983-1984)
Netherlands-America Commission for Educational Exchange exchange student, University of Washington, Seattle (1980-1981)
1986-present: Lecturer in modern Chinese, Chinese literature and film, Department of Chinese Studies, Leiden University.
Gao Xingjian, Berg van de Ziel [Soul Mountain], Amsterdam: Meulenhoff 2002 (novel)
Ye Zhaoyan, Nanjing1937, een liefdesgeschiedenis [Nanjing 1937: a Love Story], Amsterdam: Ambo 2003 (novel)
A range of courses in Chinese literature and language acquisition, including
- Introduction to Chinese Literature and Art
- Chinese Literature: Prose through the Ages
- Chinese Literature: Theater and Poetry through the Ages
- Chinese Cinema: Gods, Ghosts and Monsters
- Martial Arts Cinema: Action in Space and Time
- Modern Chinese: first and second year Mandarin courses, third year Newspaper Readings, Literary Translation Chinese-Dutch
- Premodern Chinese: second year courses
Editor, Dutch-Flemish magazine for literary translations from the Chinese, Het trage vuur, 2000-2009
Editor, with Mark Leenhouts, Gao Xingjian, Kramp [Cramp], Amsterdam: Meulenhoff 2001 (short stories)
Administration and service to the profession
Secretary, Board of Examinations, Dept. of Chinese Studies (2005-2009; 2010-present).
No relevant ancillary activities