CEU - Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship
Leiden University offers two full scholarships to recent graduates of Central European University (CEU), who wish to follow a Master programme in a field relating to governance, sustainable development and social transformation, in order to foster their academic development and professional career.
- Application for admission to Leiden University & Scholarship application to CEU: 14 February 2020
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- All nationalities, with the exception of Dutch passport holders
- Scholarship type
- Humanities, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences
For outstanding students who will soon graduate from CEU and wish to apply for one of the following study programmes at Leiden University:
Master of Arts programmes
- International Relations
Master of Science programmes
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- European Law
LLM Advanced Studies programmes
- European and International Human Rights Law
- International Dispute Settlement and Arbitration
- Public International Law
- At the time of application you must be registered as a student at CEU.
- You must obtain your degree from CEU in the academic year prior to the start of your Master’s programme at Leiden University.
- Scholarship recipients must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship.
- It is not possible to combine the CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship with another scholarship financed by Leiden University.
The scholarship consists of:
- Waiver of the tuition fee for one academic year
- Monthly stipend of € 970 (for a period of 12 months)
- Reimbursement of health insurance policy costs (max. € 720)
- Reimbursement of residence permit fee (max. € 350)
A fully furnished studio apartment is available for rent (approx. € 550 per month) in the Praesidium Libertatis house, a historical residence in the centre of Leiden.
Complete all the following steps by Friday 14 February 202o at the latest:
- Submit an online application for admission to one of the eligible Master’s programmes at Leiden University.
- Pay Leiden University's € 100 application fee.
- Complete the scholarship application procedure at CEU. Note that your scholarship application will only be processed if you have submitted an application for admission to one of the eligible Master's programmes in Leiden University’s online application portal (uSis).
For further information please contact the Financial Aid Coordinator at CEU:
Ms. Ildiko Torok
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 ext. 2175
The Praesidium Libertatis committee at Leiden University will select two scholarship awardees from the list of preselected nominees received from Central European University. The names of the scholarship awardees will be announced at the beginning of May by Leiden University's Scholarships Team.
The CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship focuses on good governance, sustainable development and social transformation within Europe and on a wider global scale. It was initiated in 2001 to increase the visibility of CEU’s academic achievements and to foster the academic development and professional careers of CEU graduates.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application both for the scholarship and for admission to Leiden University before the deadlines mentioned above. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.