CEU - Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship
Leiden University offers two full scholarships to recent graduates of Central European University (CEU), who wish to follow a Master programme in a field relating to governance, sustainable development and social transformation, in order to foster their academic development and professional career.
- Application to CEU: 15 February 2019
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- All nationalities, with the exception of Dutch passport holders
- Scholarship type
- Humanities, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences
For outstanding students who will soon graduate from CEU and wish to apply for one of the following study programmes at Leiden University:
Master of Arts programmes
- International Relations
Master of Science programmes
- Public Administration
- Political Sciences
LLM Advanced Studies programmes
- Air and Space Law
- European and International Business Law
- European and International Human Rights Law
- Global and European Labour Law
- International Children’s Rights
- International Civil and Commercial Law
- International Dispute Settlement and Arbitration
- Law and Digital Technologies
- Law & Finance
- Public International Law
- At the time of application you must be registered as a student at CEU.
- You must obtain your degree from CEU in the academic year prior to the start of your Master’s programme at Leiden University.
- Scholarship recipients must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship.
- It is not possible to combine the CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship with another scholarship financed by Leiden University.
The scholarship consists of:
- Waiver of the tuition fee for one academic year
- Monthly stipend of € 1,164 (for a period of 10 months)
- Reimbursement of health insurance policy costs (max. € 720)
- Reimbursement of residence permit fee (max. € 350)
A fully furnished studio apartment is available for rent (approx. € 550 per month) in the Praesidium Libertatis house, a historical residence in the centre of Leiden.
- Complete and submit an online application for admission to one of the eligible Master’s programmes at Leiden University.
- Pay the application fee of € 100.
- Complete the application procedure at CEU by Friday 15 February 2019 at the latest. Note that your scholarship application will only be processed if your application for admission is submitted in Leiden University’s online portal.
For further information please contact the Financial Aid Coordinator at CEU:
Ms. Ildiko Torok
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 ext. 2175
The Praesidium Libertatis committee at Leiden University will select two scholarship awardees from the list of preselected nominees received from Central European University. The names of the scholarship awardees will be announced at the beginning of May by Leiden University's Scholarships Team.
The CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship focuses on good governance, sustainable development and social transformation within Europe and on a wider global scale. It was initiated in 2001 to increase the visibility of CEU’s academic achievements and to foster the academic development and professional careers of CEU graduates.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application both for the scholarship and for admission to Leiden University before the deadlines mentioned above. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.