Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) awarded
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Programme (LExS) provides scholarships for excellent international students from outside the EU/EEA who come to Leiden to follow a master’s programme. The first eighty LExS scholarships have been awarded for this academic year.
The first eighty scholarships have been awarded for this academic year. There are five categories of award: platinum, gold, silver, bronze and ivory). The highest award (platinum) amounts to the full tuition fees, less the statutory tuition fees, plus € 10,000 to cover living expenses; the lowest award (ivory) amounts to 25% of the tuition fees.
The five excellent students who have been awarded a platinum scholarship are among the best 10% of their programme. The winners are:
- Svetlana Kharchenkova, Russia, Chinese Studies
- Mohammed Mehdi Lameé, Iran, Astronomy
- Alexandra Nikolayevna, Russia, Public Administration
- Evgeniya Gutova, Russia, Linguistics – structures and variation in the languages of the world (research master’s)
- E.N. Yenkong Pangmashi, Cameroon, African Studies (research master’s)
Next application deadline: 15 october
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme