Summer School in Languages and Linguistics
The Leiden Summer School in Languages and Linguistics offers a varied program of specialised courses in Descriptive linguistics, in Chinese, Germanic, Indo-European, Indian, Iranian, Semitic languages and linguistics, as well as a number of introductory linguistic courses.
During these two weeks of intense learning, you will be able to deepen and broaden your knowledge, at the same time enjoy the company of linguistics students and enthusiasts from all over the world.
- All courses are taught in English, which means that good knowledge of the English language is a basic requirement. Only the course on Russian literature is taught in Russian.
- Most courses will be hybrid, so they will be given on campus and online, at the same time. A few courses are on campus only, as indicated in the program and course descriptions.
- Active participation in a course stands for 2 ECTS. At the end of the Summer School, every participant will receive a certificate, which will indicate the courses followed and the amount of awarded ECTS credits. In order to get 5 ECTS credits (in total per course), participants can ask their teacher for an extra take-home examination, which will then be corrected and graded after the Summer School. If the student passes, he/she will receive a new certificate with the extra3 ECTS from the organization.
- LOT students that take courses at the Leiden Summer School in Languages and Linguistics can find more information on the conditions, credits and fees at the LOT website.
- The registration will open around February/March 2024.
Course fees (TBA)
|BA/MA/PhD students (outside Leiden)
|BA/MA/PhD students (Leiden)
No refunds can be requested after payment has been completed.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Margot Starkenburg, Emilia Saillen and/or Demir Hilbrands by emailing email@example.com.