Mathematics and Education (MSc)
About the programme
The Mathematics and Education specialisation consists of 120 European Credit Transfer System points (EC) and consists of a Mathematics component (60 EC) and an Education component (60 EC).
The curriculum of this master’s specialisation consists of a Mathematics component to be followed in the first year, and an Education component in the second year, offered by the Leiden Graduate School of Teaching. On top of the Education component, you can also participate in the World Teachers Programme.
- Mathematics component (60 EC)
- Research Project (40 EC)
- Courses corresponing with research toppic (20 EC)
- Education component (60 EC, in Dutch)
- Education Courses (30 EC, in Dutch)
- Teaching and Practice (30 EC, in Dutch)
- World Teaching Programme (60 EC, in Dutch and English)
- Education Courses (30 EC, partly in Dutch)
- International Teaching and Practice (30 EC, in English)
If you already have successfully completed the minor Education in your BSc programme, you only need 30 EC of the specific education modules. The remaining 30 EC is then added to the electives of the Mathematics programme.
The education component can only be started in August/September or January/February after completion of the Mathematics modules of the programme.
- Individual papers
- Research projects
- Working groups
- School practice
The mathematics study advisor is available for questions and suggestions regarding your study programme. During your final research project you will receive personal guidance from a personal supervisor, who will monitor you very closely.