International Dispute Settlement and Arbitration (Advanced LL.M.)
This master allows you to specialise in international dispute settlement and arbitration with a strong emphasis on international law, while at the same time connecting to other related fields of law, such as arbitration in the international commercial law context.
The programme consists of eight mandatory courses and a thesis. The first semester focuses on general principles and theories, while the second semester deals with specialised subjects, including various courses on arbitration.
In this programme, you will take the following courses:
- Principles of International Law and International Dispute Settlement
- International Litigation and Arbitration Proceedings
- International Arbitration in Public International Law
Negotiation and Mediation
- Legal Writing, Advocacy and Litigation Techniques
- International Trade Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Investment Law and Arbitration
The programme includes a significant research dimension, and you will be required to write a thesis on a topic of your choice.
For detailed information on the courses and curriculum, see the e-Prospectus. Please note that this guide applies to the current academic year, which means that the curriculum for next year may differ slightly.