ICT in Business (MSc)
The MSc specialisation ICT in Business gives you the opportunity to study the field of IT management. You will learn how to benefit from your technical Computer Science knowledge on a management level.
Because the specialisation ICT in Business is a combination of IT and Business, a lot of courses in the curriculum are compulsory (73 EC). You can fill in 9 EC with electives such as Security, Lean Six Sigma, Data Driven Marketing or Management Science. It is also possible to take electives at other universities inside or outside the Netherlands. Expanding your knowledge is also possible by taking extracurricular courses. The master thesis research project may be executed within a company.
Programme (120 EC)
- Global Business Game - CIO Simulation (1 EC)
- Leading & Managing People (LMP) (5 EC)
- Strategy (5 EC)
- Decision and Risk Analysis (3 EC)
- ICT Architectures (6 EC)
- ICT Enabled Process Innovation (3 EC)
- Accounting * (3 EC)
- Process Modelling * (3 EC)
- Research Methods (5 EC)
- Software Engineering (3 EC)
- System Development & Project Management (6 EC)
- Applied Research Methodology (4 EC)
- Business Intelligence * (4 EC)
- Technology and Operations managments (4 EC)
The curriculum depends on the student’s background. Students with a Leiden University bachelor in Computer Science, specialisation “Informatica & Economie” follow an alternative curriculum; all course marked with an * have to be replaced by electives. All the other students follow the main curriculum.
- Marketing * (3 EC)
- Managing the Digital Business (3 EC)
- Financial Management */ **(3 EC)
- Managing Innovations (3 EC)
- Entrpreneurial Opportunities ** (3 EC)
- Marketing Analytics (3 EC)
- Capstone Cases ** (3 EC)
- Entrepreneurial Process (3 EC)
- Entrepreneurial Planning ( 6 EC)
The total amount of EC earned in specialisation courses needs to be 18 EC. The courses marked with ** are obligatory while the remaining courses can be chosen by the student.
The curriculum also depends on the student’s background. Students with a Leiden University bachelor in Computer Science, specialisation “Informatica & Economie” follow an alternative curriculum; all course marked with an * have to be replaced by electives. All the other students follow the main curriculum.
- Elective 1: Lean Six Sigma (3 EC)
- Elective 2: Consultancy Skills (3 EC)
- Elective 3: Management Science: Business Analystics (3 EC)
It is also possible to take electives at within other scientific fields or universities inside or outside the Netherlands.
The electives need approval by the Board of Examiners before the courses can be taken. Without this preliminary approval we cannot guarantee these electives to be part of the curriculum.