Crisis and Security Management (MSc)
Why Leiden University?
In an increasingly complex and security-challenged society, the CSM programme provides you with the theoretical and practical skills to understand the issues underlying security challenges and develop solutions for crisis and security management.
5 reasons why you should study CSM in The Hague
- Your lecturers come from a wide variety of academic and professional backgrounds in addition to coming from Leiden’s ISGA;
- Many are associated with think tanks, research institutes and NGOs;
- The Hague is home to such organisations as NATO, Upeace, and the ICCT;
- An ideal environment in which to study, intern, and research your MSc thesis;
- You study in the light-filled new Wijnhaven Building just minutes from The Hague Central.
Study at the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs
The Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs (FGGA) is Leiden University’s newest faculty, launched in response to increasingly urgent socio-cultural issues. The FGGA is an internationally acclaimed academic knowledge hub that studies world-wide issues from the perspectives of governance, politics, law, sociology and economics. FGGA is active in its quest for multidisciplinary academic networks; through its academic institutes and knowledge centres, FGGA contributes to far-reaching socio-cultural debates.
Study at a world-class university
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands and enjoys an excellent worldwide reputation built up over more than four centuries. Since 1575 we’ve provided sound personal education for hundreds of thousands of students. We’ll do our utmost to give you the best possible support. And if you can and want to do more, we’ll challenge you at every step of the way. For many years, we’ve been among the leaders in Dutch university rankings aand we are currently to be found in a variety of top international rankings too.
More reasons to choose Leiden University