Comparative Criminal Justice (MSc)
Why study at Leiden University?
Why study Comparative Criminal Justice at Leiden University?
Why study Criminology & Criminal Justice at Leiden University?
- Leiden Law School has an excellent international reputation and staff conduct cutting edge research on the themes that feature in the master. You will benefit from this as teaching will be informed by the latest developments in research.
- The Criminal Justice Master distinguishes itself by its international comparative perspective, analysing criminal justice systems, legislation and policies in common law and civil law countries. The programme is unique both in its comparative and multidisciplinary focus.
- The Master experience is enhanced by an international group of students with different backgrounds, including Criminology, Social Sciences, Law, International Relations and Philosophy.
- Teaching takes place is small groups and is interactive in nature, with a great diversity in class formats and assignments, including research papers, blog posts and presentations.
- Leiden Law School is located in two beautifully renovated national monuments in the historic heart of the medieval city of Leiden. Leiden is the place to study Criminal Justice because of its vicinity to the Hague: international city of peace and justice.