Computer Science and Science Communication & Society (MSc)
About the programme
The specialisation combines one year of Computer Science research (60 – 80 EC) with one year of science communication courses, internships and research (40-60 EC).
If you choose Science Communication and Society specialisation, you will follow the SCS programme (40-60 EC) and therefore have a reduced Computer Science programme. The programme includes at least 30 EC of coursework and a Master's research project (42 EC). The science communication component of the specialisation includes coursework, internship(s) and research proposal.
Read more about the programme outline and courses.
Are you ready for this programme?
The Computer Science and Science Communication & Society programme is a research-oriented master programme and requires you to have the appropriate knowledge and skills before you start. The most important prior knowledge and skills can be summarised as follows:
- Good programming skills in C++ and/or Python
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence and data mining / machine learning
- Good academic reading and writing skills; proficient in LaTeX
- Excellent command of English, both in writing and speaking
- Independent and critical research attitude
- Individual papers
- Lab work
- Work group
- Master's Thesis Research Project