Computer Science and Education (MSc)
About the programme
The Computer Science and Education specialisation consists of 120 European Credit Transfer System (EC) points and consists of a computer science component (60 EC) and an education component (60 EC).
The curriculum of this master’s specialisation consists of a Computer Science component to be followed in the first year, and an Education component in the second year, offered by the Leiden Graduate School of Teaching. On top of the Education component, you can also participate in the World Teachers Programme.
Computer Science component (60 EC)
- Research Project in Computer Science (30 EC)
- Courses in correspondence with the research topic (30 EC)
Education component (60 EC, in Dutch)
- Education Courses (30 EC, in Dutch)
- Teaching and Practice (30 EC, in Dutch)
World Teaching Programme (60 EC, in Dutch and English)
- Education Courses (30 EC, partly in Dutch)
- International Teaching and Practice (30 EC, in English)
If you already have successfully completed the minor Education in your BSc programme, you only need 30 EC of the specific education modules. The remaining 30 EC is then added to the electives of the Computer Science programme.
The education component can only be started in August/September or January/February after completion of the Computer Science modules of the programme.
Read more about the programme outline and courses.
- Individual papers
- Lab work
- Work group
- School practice
- Master's Thesis Research Project