Professor emeritus of Pharmacognosy, in particular plant cell biotechnology
Robert Verpoorte is Professor emeritus of Pharmacognosy, in particular plant cell biotechnology and specialised in natural deep eutectic solvents, applications and biological roles.
- Pharmacists degree (1972) and a PhD (1976) from Leiden.
- Lecturer at Leiden University 1976-1987, 1987-2011 professor and head of the department of Plant cell Biotechnology Pharmacognosy.
- Guest professor in London (UK), Uppsala (Sweden), Amiens (France), Reims (France), Seoul (Korea), Florence (Italy), Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Hilo (USA).
- From 1992-1998 he was Vice-Chairman and Chairman of the committee of the Phytochemical Society of Europe (PSE).
- Since May 2011 he is professor Emeritus at Leiden University.
Grants & prizes
- 2004 Honorary Doctorate University of Amiens, France (2004) and of the 2012 Honorary Doctorate University of Uppsala, Sweden
- 2007 PSE Medal
- 2015 honorary professor Hong Kong Baptist University 2015
- 2015 Gusi Peace Prize in Manila, The Philippines
- 2017 Egon Stahl Medal in Gold by the International Society of Medicinal Plants and Natural Products Research
- 2017 Qihuang International Prize China Association of Chinese Medicine
- Among the 1% Highly Cited Researchers 2018, 2019 and 2020 (Cross-Field)(Web of Science, Clarivate Analytics)
- Editor in Chief of Phytochemistry Reviews (IF2019 4.587) since 2001
- Executive Editor Biotechnology Letters (IF2019 1.982) since 2006
- Voorzitter Raad van Toezicht
- Executive Editor