Ramesh Premaratne Ganohariti
Tutor Bachelor Security Studies
Ramesh Ganohariti is a Tutor for the Bachelor Security Studies at Leiden University, Institute of Security and Global Affairs. Extension number: 6687.
Ramesh Ganohariti works as Tutor for the Bachelor Security Studies at the Institute of Security and Global Affairs. Ramesh is an alumnus of Leiden University’s M.Sc. in International Relations and Diplomacy and graduated in 2017. Prior, he graduated with a Bachelor of Social Science from the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan. He has previously worked as a Research Assistant at the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies, a think-tank under the Sri Lankan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and as a Teaching Assistant during his undergraduate studies.
Research interests: citizenship & statelessness, ethnic identity politics, de facto states
- Düerkop S. & Ganohariti R. (2021), Sovereignty in sports: non-sovereign territories in international football, International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics .
- Ganohariti R. (2021), Politics of Passportization and Territorial Conflicts. In: Richmond O. & Visoka G. (Eds.) The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Peace and Conflict Studies. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan [entry in reference work].
- Ganohariti R. (2021), Citizenship, Territoriality, and Post-Soviet Nationhood: The Politics of Birthright Citizenship in Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Moldova: written by Maxim Tabachnik, Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019. xvi +. Pp. 289 pp. €72.79 (hbk). ISBN 978-3-030-12882-1, Nationalism and Ethnic Politics 27(1): 102-103.
- Ganohariti Ramesh & Dijxhoorn Ernst (2020), Para- and Proto-Sports Diplomacy of Contested Territories: CONIFA as a Platform for Football Diplomacy, The Hague Journal of Diplomacy 15(3): 329-354.
- Ganohariti R. (2019), Dual citizenship in De Facto States: comparative case study of Abkhazia and Transnistria, nationalities papers 48(1): 175-192.
No relevant ancillary activities